Sunday, December 30, 2007

Losing Weight in '08

Well, 2008 is almost here. And as usual, I have set some weighty goals. Mostly to get rid of about 50 pounds by June if at all possible. I have several reasons to lose weight,
#10 I want to wear a size 5 again (or anything smaller than the 12 I am in now)
#9 I want to be healthier
#8 I want to not feel so tired every single day!
#7 I want to be healthier
#6 I want to be able to jog without absolutely feeling like I am having a heart attack!
#5 I want my bra size to be SMALLER! Have you ever jogged with giant sized you know whats hitting you in the face??? It ain't a pretty site!
#4 I want to be healthier (did I already tell you that???LOL)
#3 I want to be able to go to horse shows and look decent in the "breeches" those English folks insist you wear!
#2 If I ever get grandchildren, I don't want them having an unhealthy fat
ChaCha ( not grandmother for me!!)
#1 Is to be healthier and SKINNIER than the day I married Rick!!!

So those are my goals and reasons for wanting to lose weight in '08.. Join me and lets blog together as we try try try to be healthier together!

8 comments:

Kimberli Lengning said...

I have been losing weight steadily since July of 2006. I have been at a plateau of 150lbs since Halloween and am ready to move on down!

Exercise, eating right...not getting why the scale won't move.

It hovers.....

;-)Kim

Charla said...

My doctor tells me that the reason I am not losing weight is because I graze 24/7 and don't count the little things that I consume...what little things??? You mean the 2 slices of bacon ..that was just a snack..or the handful of chocolate chips from the freezer?? Or maybe the 10 glasses of milk I drink?? I am thirsty!!!!

Paulie said...

I am blaming my weight gain on the rain. You see I love to walk and go for long hikes BUT I can't stand to walk in the rain--unless it is Hawaiian rain and I am in Hawaii!

I thought of not using the elevator in my apartment building but the emergency stairway is so cold and you have to go outside once you get to the first floor since they have the door locked coming back up.

I could go take a bus and go to the mall and walk but I would get wet walking the two blocks to the bus stop! Ü I already said I hate walking in the rain for any amount of time.

With encouragement, I could probably do it. . .

Charla said...

I think blaming the rain is believable. I can go with that. But if I use that as my reason, it would a bit hard since the last and only time I have been to Hawaii was in 1970! I would really like to go back tho. Rick says he will take me when they build the bridge from the mainland.......

Paulie said...

Oops, I should have used numbers. . . I meant:
1) IF I lived in Hawaii again
2) They have gentle rain there -- I know from previous experience

PS I wrote another post to you at Tnet with an url to check out

Katney said...

Well, I can go with Paulie on the rain, only in my case it's the cold and dark. On days I work I leave in the dark and return home in the dark. I don't want to go walking in the dark.

I live on a busy rural road with not much of a shoulder, so to go waking I have to drive somewhere.

I really do do better in the summer--but sometimes then it's the heat. I set out on a walk one time last summer--to walk home from dinner. It was 105º at 6 o'clock.

I have to remember that that exercise bike is not there to hang clothes on.

You know me as Kathy/WA

Charla said...

I've just got to get my priorities straight! Have half drunk my huge glass of water with lime juice in it...now for an omelet (saw it on the
Today show this morning)

Paulie said...

Ok I posted at Tnet and will post here now. Congrats on getting the new blog set up. Now in order for the team members to be able to post, we have to be declared a part of the team BY YOU first. Do this:

When at your site,
click on dashboard
then settings
then you will see blog authors/add authors
you will need email addresses of individuals so think it would be best to set up a yahoo email for us to send you our emails so they don't have to be public OR make your original blog one where u have to approve the comments before they are published and we could send emails that way. Then delete the coments instead of allowing them to be recorded.

Hope this is helping and not frustrating.